Regional Representatives result from an initiative by the Members Working Group. They each provide an AOPA presence at one or more aerodromes, if you see an AOPA Notice board it will be your Regional Rep who maintains it.
The purpose of a Regional Representative is to;
- Provide a local, airfield based, AOPA presence or point of contact for individual and corporate members
- Promote AOPA widely amongst all airfield users
- Be the "eyes and ears" for AOPA locally
Regional Representatives are asked to;
- Commit to an airfield or group of local airfields
- Establish a contact within each school/club
- Maintain an AOPA notice board in a prominent position
- Promote awareness and take up of the Wings Awards and Mentoring schemes
- Arrange and host/deliver AOPA Evenings/Talks or particpate in other organised events
- Market AOPA locally - raise awareness of AOPA with Students, Pilots, Instructors, Airfield Owners and School/Club Managers.
If we don't have a representative covering your aerodrome or area we'd be delighted to have a volunteer. A full pack of material will be supplied.
We have produced a form of agreement that we ask Regional Representatives to sign up to, which you can view here.
If you are interested, or you are already a Regional Representative and want to change your details, please contact us.
Click on a contact to see more details.