Haverfordwest Airspace Change Proposal (ACP) - Consultation
On behalf of Pembrokeshire County Council, we would like to invite you to express your views as part of an aviation statutory consultation process required by the proposed implementation of new satellite-based instrument approach procedures (RNAV (GNSS)) at Haverfordwest Aerodrome. The implementation project has been enabled through European funding from the European GNSS Agency (GSA) and is being co-ordinated in the UK by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) and aviation consultancy Helios in partnership with Haverfordwest Aerodrome.
Haverfordwest Aerodrome plans to implement new instrument approaches for suitably equipped aircraft landing at the aerodrome. The prime objectives for implementing the instrument approach procedures at Haverfordwest Aerodrome are:
- To improve the viability of the airport by ensuring access in lower visibility or deteriorating weather conditions for business aviation aircraft.
- To increase the safety of the aerodrome in lower visibility operations by providing satellite-guided approaches to runway 03 and 21. In particular to the approach to runway 21 over the Preseli Hills.
- To improve operational efficiency at the aerodrome by allowing the recovery of aircraft based at the aerodrome in deteriorating weather conditions.
- Improve transport links to Pembrokeshire.
- To allow instrument flight training at the airport.
As required by UK CAA Publication 725, this requires an Airspace Change Proposal to be carried out. Pembrokeshire County Council, as the Change Sponsor, is responsible for conducting the consultation process for the proposal. The consultation will run from 20th November 2017 to 26th February 2018.
How to respond to this consultation?
The Consultation document, where all information regarding the airspace change proposal can be found, is available on the Pembrokeshire County Council website at www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/haveyoursay in both English and welsh.
You are invited to respond through either:
- using the online response form available at www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/haveyoursay, or
- by printing the hardcopy of the response form from the consultation documentation available at www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/haveyoursay. Once complete, this can either be scanned and returned to email@example.com or posted to:
Pembrokeshire County Council
2D County Hall