2019 AOPA Annual General Meeting
The 53rdAnnual General Meeting of the British Light Aviation Centre Ltd, trading as the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of the UK, will be held on Tuesday 17th September 2019 at:
50a Cambridge Street
commencing at 2.00 p.m. The formal announcement and agenda of the AGM appears below.
A set of the financial accounts for the year ended 31st March 2019 will be provided in advance of the meeting on the AOPA website www.aopa.co.uk together with the minutes of the 52nd AGM and brief personal details of the members offering themselves for election and re-election. These data will also be available at the AGM.
Brief personal details of the members offering themselves for election and re-election can be found here. These details will be updated to include all persons offering themselves for election.
Any member wishing to elect another member to the Board of Management must provide notice in writing or email to the AOPA office at least 10 days in advance. A statement of willingness to serve will be expected from the proposed member together with appropriate personal details. Proxy voting is permitted, either by nominating in writing or by email a member who will be present at the AGM as proxy, or by nominating the Chairman as proxy.
Following the formal business of the meeting, there will be time for informal reports from the Chairman and CEO and for general discussion.
Tea, coffee and sandwiches will be available for those attending from 1.30 p.m. and it is expected that the meeting will finish by 3.30 p.m. It is very important for planning purposes that members who intend to attend are requested to please let the AOPA office know in advance, either by telephone (020 7834 5631), email (email@example.com), or by post to AOPA, 50a Cambridge Street, London SW1V 4QQ.
The 53rd Annual General Meeting of the British Light Aviation Centre Limited,trading as the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of UK will be held at AOPA, 50a Cambridge Street, London, SW1V 4QQ on Tuesday 17th September 2019 at 2.00 p.m.
1. Apologies for absence
2. To confirm the Minutes from the 52nd Annual General Meeting.
3. To receive and endorse the Directors’ Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31st March 2019.
4. The election of Directors to the Board of Management. The following Directors are due to retire by rotation: George Done, Richard Hawkin, John Walker and John Pett. Richard Hawkin, John Walker and John Pett offer themselves for re-election.
5. To appoint as Auditors Messrs Venthams, at a fee to be fixed by the Board of Management.
6. To conduct any other business that may properly be dealt with at an Annual General Meeting.